Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Heading to the farm...

    Share
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am

    Torpor heads out, his pistol still in his hand carrying the bag in his other. He scans back and forth keeping an eye out.

    ((perception w/-2))
    Torpor carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

    You continue your hike with Wujen floating along to avoid any further weasel incidents. Though it is still a hot, humid and miserable trek, you at least are not attacked by anything before you reach the outer perimeter of the farm. The area is overgrown and looks like it was razed sometime in the past and then rebuilt. From where you are, you do not immediately notice any peach trees, not that you particularly know what one looks like. You will have to get closer to see if any still remain.

    You do however see squatters walking about, armed with rusty shotguns. You suspect that while there is no power out here, they may have some rudimentary defenses against intruders, but nothing beyond a short, barbed-wire fence is immediately apparent. They do not seem to notice you as you approach, so you hunker down in the weeds to avoid detection and decide what to do next.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm

    Wujen settles to the ground, dropping his spell, and looks over the area with Astral sight.


    (OH GOD...here goes another Assensing Test.  Maybe my eyeballs won't melt)
    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,

    (ooc: specifically I'm looking for dual natured critters and any awakened folks)

    "I can try and talk to them, if I project astrally I can manifest and not have to worry about the shotguns."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:24 pm

    ((assuming you are just perceiving, not projecting))

    Wujen sees no obvious magic users and these guys don't look like they would be the type to mask their auras. There may be some out of sight that he can't spot from where he is though.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

    "Ok Chummers, I don't see anyone from here likely to fry my hoop with Magic. Watch my body while I go have a quick look around, maybe a short chat with some of the locals"

    With that, WuJen settles down comfortably and leaves his body to have a closer look at the grounds and see if he can find someone who looks like they might be in charge.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

    Torpor settles in, loads his pistol back into his sleeve then draws house other pistol with the blue clip loaded. He double checks the clip and chambers a round. Watching for trouble.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 230
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dachou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 12/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm

    Sun shakes his jaw left and right slightly, trying to surpress a yawn, as he settles down for the wait, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:42 pm

    Leaving his body, Wujen is able to get a better flyby of the place. He counts about a dozen or so people around the farm, some doing chores like gathering food from the overgrown farm, doing laundry, etc, while most are on guard duty. Judging by the welcoming reception you guys got on your way in, you are not surprised that they would devote so much of their manpower to guarding the property. There are likely even worse critters out and about that you didn't have the pleasure of encountering.

    The denizens are all humans of various ages and genders. None particularly seems like a "leader" per se. However, WuJen eventually comes to an unusually well-tended clearing (at least compared to the rest of the farm) and finds a young elven woman resting at the base of a tree. She immediately notices Wujen's astral form, staring straight at him through astral space. It is obvious that she is both a magic user of some strength as well as currently perceiving the astral plane.

    The woman is beautiful, even by elf standards (a fact that is not lost on Tatsuo), with long dark brown hair that flows down her back like a gentle chocolate stream. Her clothing is sturdy and armored, obviously made for utility while working outdoors, and strapped to her back is a blade that shines in the astral plane like the morning sun. It is unclear if this woman is a leader among the people here, but she most certainly sticks out from the crowd. She makes no hostile moves on Wujen's astral form, but simply observes it calmly from her resting position.

    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 pm

    Seeing that she is aware of him and not acting hostile, WuJen manifests and approaches her.

    "Hoi, I apologize for the intrusion. I didn't know anyone still lived down here and seeing the shotguns I thought a look around was prudent before introducing myself."

    "I don't suppose there's a peach tree left down here, or some of the wood from one?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:10 pm

    The woman eyes Wujen up and down for a moment before saying, "Perhaps. Why do you ask?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:44 pm

    WuJen says, "I have a problem near where I live, and some legwork says it's a Jiangshi. That's apparently some kind of weird jumping Qi eater that can only be put down with Peach Wood. The police seem unable or unwilling to deal with the problem, and I came down here after learning about the old orchard in the hopes there would be a surviving tree or at least some of the wood still here."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 pm

    She nods absently and says, "How much wood do you need? And how badly do you need it?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 pm

    "Enough to make a decent stake or two I suppose. My intel on the threat is sketchy, but I've not seen evidence of there being more than one so far. Maybe a pound or two?"

    "I need it bad enough to have come down this mountain to find some. Innocent people have died to this thing, and as this is apparently the only way to kill it more surely will if I can't get some back up to the city."

    "I get that the wood is valuable as there aren't lot of peach trees around anymore, but I don't have any money. I might could offer my services in exchange, though I'm not likely to get too involved for a few sticks."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:53 pm

    The elf says, "A pound or two, eh? Well, the tree is very valuable to me. I know what I would do keep it from you. The question is what would you do to get it? I speak not of money. There is nowhere to spend money out here. It is as useless as a fire without air. I have no need of it. However, a tree is a precious thing. One that provides food for us, even more so. So tell me, how badly do you want this branch? Would you lop off someone's hand for it? Would you kill for it? Would you die for it?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 pm

    "I'm not afraid to work for it. I'd require more than just your say so, but as I've already said lives may be in the balance for want of this wood. I would promise no less to get it, though who's life I would spend depends on the right or wrong of the thing. I would Sacrifice for it, but not steal, Kill for it, but not murder, Die for it, though not in vain."

    "If you have it, name your price and I will consider it. My word is my bond, so if I agree I will do all I can to accomplish the task be it weeding your garden or beating your foes. Be aware that the need is great, and if the price is too high other means will be found."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:41 pm

    She squints at WuJen for a moment, mentally analyzing him before saying, "If you want to take the wood, then take it you must. I cannot give it freely. You, or someone you choose, must defeat me in one on one combat. If you or your champion are successful, you will be allowed to take what you need from the tree. If you are not, then your quest ends here. If you accept these terms, return to your body and physically approach the farm from the northern gate. It will be in the best interest of your health not to veer from the path. You, or any you bring with you, will not be harmed so long as you approach peacefully and obey the instructions you are given."

    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 pm

    WuJen nods, "Fair enough."

    He fades completely back into astral space, returning to his body.

    "Chummers, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I think there is indeed a tree there. Even better, the guardian of that tree seems at least reasonable and not exactly hostile."

    "The bad news is that there *is* a guardian, She is awakened and appears to be some kind of Adept. She says she can't give the wood freely, and money is no good. One of us has to fight and defeat her for it in one on one combat."

    "We need to approach from the north gate and go see her, so I guess we are back to walking."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:34 pm

    Torpor nods in acknowledgment to Wu's statement, "I will fought if needed. But maybe we could discuss other options in person when we meet them. " He holsters his pistol and stands up getting ready to head out. "Um which was is north? "
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:46 pm

    WuJen checks his commlink and points, "That way. I think."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 pm

    Having come from the south, you actually have to circle around the farm a bit to get to the north gate, but you do without trouble. You suspect that you were purposely told to go to the furthest gate to allow the squatters inside time to prepare for your arrival as they are waiting by the gate, shotguns at the ready. A larger male opens the gate and says, "Harumi said you are to be let in. Stay on the path and keep your weapons holstered or there will be trouble."

    He then gestures towards the farm.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:00 am

    Looking around and not seeing many options, WuJen walks down the path to where Harumi waits, keeping an eye out in astral space both for hidden threats and sudden shifts in the auras of the people around him that might presage an attack.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:10 am

    Torpor follows Wujen both his hands where you can see them, one still carrying the bag. He keeps an eye out for trouble and an escape route, counting possible targets as he goes.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 am

    The squatters are on guard, but none appear about to open fire unless they need to. You are led to the same clearing WuJen initially met the elven woman, and she is still there, resting against a tree and the squatters appear to treat her with reverence; almost like a deity rather than a leader. There is some grumbling among them about this fight as none are very happy about it. WuJen senses concern over the safety of the elf as well as a sense of fear over what would happen should she perish as a result.

    Torpor sees exits in every direction as there is basically nothing but open space everywhere, but the group's insistence that you all stay on the path suggests there is more to this farm than meets the eye. Still, there are paths going both north and south, should the need require it.

    As the elven woman sees the three of you approach, she says, "You have come. There will be no turning back for you now. You must see this through for better or worse. I am known as Harumi Yousei and you have come to take from us, that which is not offered to you. The man of the spirit world speaks with conviction, so I offer you the chance to take with minimal bloodshed, provided you follow the rules as I present them to you.

    "The first rule is that this shall be a trial by combat. The champion of your choosing shall face me in combat. If one of us is unable or unwilling to continue with battle, the trial shall conclude with victory going to their opponent. Surrender will be respected immediately.

    "The second rule is that there shall be no outside interference during the trial.

    "The third and final rule; the terms of victory are as follows: Should your side emerge victorious, you will be allowed to harvest as much wood as you desire and then allowed to leave the property, unmolested. However, should I emerge victorious, those who did not battle shall be executed where they stand. The champion, should he still be alive, will be allowed to leave that he may serve as a warning to anyone else who would seek to take from us.

    "Let it be known that any who breaks any of these rules shall have their lives immediately forfeit without exception. Let us see how determined you are to take this wood from us. You will be given five minutes to choose your champion and make any preparations you need to before the battle. After that, your champion is on their own."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 230
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dachou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 12/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:02 am

    Sun steps forward, quickly checking the elf out to find out what she's capable of ((Basic, typical bodyguard check to get an idea of how dangerous someone is, physically))
    RafV carried out 7 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , ,

    "May I ask something before we fight? You seem to be in charge of keeping these people safe. What if you get hurt during this trial of combat, and end up being unable to continue your duties, even if temporarily? We've noticed there are some dangerous critters in these forests." Sun nudges Torpor to show the weasel in the bag. "Just earlier today, we beat three of them at the outskirts. I'm sure there's worse around here. You want to risk the safety of these good people over some wood? Maybe there's something else we can do instead? Take out a nearby threat, like a bear or wolf or such that's harrassing your people? It would improve the safety of the farm, instead of risking to diminish it, and would better show our good faith."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:03 am

    Torpor says over comms "Can you boost his or my initiative before the bout?"
    ((use an edge to go first this round and a second to reroll misses and try and get her in the first round))

    Sponsored content

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm