Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Heading to the farm...

    Share
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:36 am

    WuJen nods.  "I figured that's why you asked me about being willing to cut off a hand.  You could have just said so.  It doesn't change what we need, but you put yourself in unnecessary danger.  There are many in the city that would have seen just shooting you as the easiest path, and by the terms you set I technically own you now."

    "Is there a way we can do this that's more like cutting your hair or nails?  I mean it's a tree, it's not really analogous to your anatomy."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:45 am

    Harumi says, "Had I simply said no, you may have decided to force the issue and my people may have been injured in the battle. I had no way of knowing how many of you there were and did not wish to expose them to such risk, even though they were quite willing to lay their lives down for me should it come to that.

    "The parts that are analogous to trimming my nails or hair are pruned regularly and discarded in the wood pile for the fires, that the tree may flourish. The fruit is also safe to remove. I have harvested it recently in fact. Should you wish to sample some, I can have some fetched for you. It is a rare delicacy from what I understand."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:02 am

    "You are right in that we can't take no for an answer.  We need it, and here we are.  But we could have gotten here without fighting you, and others might have just killed you outright rather than risk losing.  I'd not even want to think about what those who don't have a Little Dragon watching over them might have taken from you.  Dignity and Freedom are no less treasures than a rare fruit."

    He looks at the branches, considering how best to do this.

    "Will the Healing magic help?  I've never heard nor read of anyone using it on plants, let alone however your bond works... but you and the tree are both living beings right?  So long as we don't kll the tree outright you will be Ok?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 am

    Harumi says, "This was as much about me testing your honor as it was a tactical decision. Shotguns are devastating in close range, but not so much at distance. Had you been dishonorable, my people would have been in a better position to put you down like rabid animals. And had I been slain or otherwise treated with disrespect, I doubt they would have followed my orders to leave you be. They are loyal but emotional, as you have no doubt seen. Also as a magician, you could have struck from any distance in which you could see them, or perhaps simply forced spirits to do so in your stead. It was best to have you and your allies close where my people could strike when I defeated your champion. No plan is flawless, of course, but as you acted with honor, so did they. I do not look forward to what you are to take but, after observing your behavior, I do not regret allowing it either.

    "As for healing the tree, such magic was designed for flesh, not wood. It can work if you are lucky, but not as well as expected. I will give you fair warning, the effects of my bond with the tree can be... dramatic. But I trust you not to cause enough harm that it would kill me."
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by KingFisher on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:17 am

    KingFisher shrugs and wiggles her fingers, strongly suggesting she can call another plant spirit if that helps. The she burps loudly and covers her mouth with her hand.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:36 am

    ((Resting roll, with tea))
    RafV carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:39 am

    Sun looks over at the elf. "We can let you harvest the wood, if that's safer for you. You know best what can and cannot, and how much and where is the most reasonable."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:42 am

    Harumi says, "It really isn't. I am spent from the fight for one and sawing through your own finger takes more determination than removing another's. I imagine with me present, it will be obvious how much is too much though. As I said, the effect is not subtle."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:02 pm

    "Is there no other way we can get some wood? We've hurt you more than we wanted to already."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:15 pm

    Harumi says, "Not that I know of. The rest of the peach trees in the area were destroyed years ago and this is the last one left. Even it only thrives due to the bond we share. I know of no others to harvest from. Admittedly I do not venture very far from the area, but my people have never reported any while out in the field."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:24 pm

    Hoping Kingfisher is still keeping an astral eye on the farm, Sun ponders for a moment. "There actually is another tree, in a monastery in the city. Some friends of ours are there, in case we fail here. It may be worth for botg you and the priests to get in touch with each other."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 pm

    It seems Kingfisher has gone off to handle her own things. It is unclear when or if she will be back, though if it is an emergency, Wujen could try to find her in the city, somewhere. Harumi says, "Well, you can do as you like. Far be it from me to encourage you to do this if you do not need to do it. At any rate, once you are ready to go, I will have my people drive you back. It should allow you to avoid any of the native predators, provided you leave before nightfall. They do not leave the farm after nightfall."

    ((they don't get to the temple for another couple of hours and until they do a city search for them astrally will be a little hit or miss as you aren't sure about their current location))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm

    (OOC: So I looked up Peach Trees, and this is kind of a good news/bad news situation for Harumi.  We need a piece that we can make a weapon out of, and they just don't usually grow big branches but rather a lot of thinner ones.  Good News: It's not like an Oak where this is going to be like cutting off an arm.  Bad News: We are gonna need more like her Thumb rather than her pinky finger.)

    WuJen looks at the tree, wishing he had just done this while Harumi was still unconscious, and also wishing that someone had thought to bring a really sharp sword.  Searching among the branches until he finds one about an inch and a half thick and a few feet long, and ensuring that the branch does not have many lesser branches growing from it he looks back at Harumi, Sun and Torpor.

    "Alright, this one is the best I can figure.  It will make a decent couple of weapons with some left over to try your capsule rounds.  I assume this farm has a good sharp blade somewhere?  I'll prepare my best healing spell on the off chance it will work and hit the tree with it as soon as the branch is free.  Hopefully this will only be painful for a second."

    "Sun, Torpor, you cut the branch free."

    (Sorcery+Magic+Tatsuo Aid Sorcery, casting Heal at force 10 using 4 reagents)

    WuJen carried out 14 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    (Drain Resist)

    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,

    Wujen retreats deep into his mind, constructing the spell as carefully as he can.  He studies the astral form of the tree trying to adjust the form of the spell to accommodate the unusual needs of the unusual target.  He brings out small vials of special inks, tracing complicated geometric symbols on his hands as they begin to faintly glow visibly with the powerful magical energies.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:04 pm

    As the astral energies flow through him, he continues to carefully make adjustments, doing all in his power to ensure that the damage to the tree is repaired as soon as the cut is made.

    (OOC: Spending Edge to reroll the dice that didn't hit)
    WuJen carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by KingFisher on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:49 pm

    KingFisher ripples in the Astral and appears as a ghostly form. She's smoking a cigarette and carrying an open bottle of vodka in the other.
    "Try thinking of simple things.
    Make a gauntlet out of the wood. Use phys adept powers to thump the sod.
    We can try a physical barrier between him and the fiend. The temple was a washout, trying a plan b.
    "


    ((the temple hasn't happened yet -gm))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:02 pm

    The elf glances at her sword but shakes her head and points to a lopper resting against the farm wall. "That should be sufficient for your needs," she says.

    Someone takes hold of the clipping too and cleanly cuts through a sturdy 2 inch diameter branch. The tree leaks red, blood-like sap as Harumi screams in pain, grasping her now-bloody hand. There is a massive amount of blood loss that makes it difficult to see the exact nature of the wound.

    Wujen wastes no time as he quickly touches the tree and attempts to heal it. Using various focusing stones to enhance his spell, he manages to fill the tree with healing energy. The stones crumble and the tree's "wound" seals up. It is not perfect, but it is effective enough that the elf's bleeding slowly subsides and then finally seals off entirely. Once Wujen is satisfied that the spell has completed its work, Harumi uses a handkerchief to wipe away the blood. Her thumb is tender and sitting in an odd angle, but it will probably be fine. You now have a couple of feet of branch. It should be enough for a couple of sturdy stakes and possibly some chips for bullet experimentation.  

    Harumi says, "I do hope that is enough for your purposes."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

    WuJen nods in sympathy.  "If not, it's not for lack of effort.  I suppose that answers why you have never tried to take cuttings from the tree to make new trees too."

    More loudly, so that all the nearby farmers can hear, "You have said the tree is ours to take.  What remains I return to you.  Though we paid in combat and you have not accepted any other offer we made, I gift you my pledge to aid you in the future if I can.  We must return and deal with the Jiangshi, but I will check back if it doesn't kill me.  For at least as long as it takes that wound to heal you have my support in defending your community, you have but to get word to me and I will come.  Moreover, I appreciate your sacrifice, if you or your people ever need help in the city, find me and I will help as I am able."

    To Harumi and the team he says "Ok, so we need to get back.  You mentioned getting a ride back with one of your people.  Alternatively I can sort of improvise a vehicle so that it's no bother to your people.  However we do it, I really don't feel like walking back through that forest if it's avoidable, those weasels were ridiculous."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:04 pm

    Harumi smirks painfully and says, "The kamaitachi are troublesome, but their encounters are rarely fatal. They see their behavior as a kind of joke. Not one that their victims often find funny though. There are far worse creatures to be found in the woods than they, so consider yourselves fortunate that they were the only things you encountered out there."

    She then turns to one of the men and says, "Take the jeep and see that they are returned safely home. I will see if Sakura is in the mood to clear the way for you."

    Turning back to the Wujen, she says, "We appreciate your kindness and apologize for how our meeting had to be. There are many honorless souls out there and it is difficult to keep a peaceful place like this hidden for long. Rest assured, your next visit will be more hospitable. For now, take this..."

    A farmer approaches Harumi and hands her a single peach. She places the peach in Wujen's hand and concentrates upon it for a moment. Suddenly the single peach becomes 10, overwhelming his grasp and falling everywhere.

    The farmers laugh and a mischievous smile comes across Harumi's normally stoic face. "They are all yours," she says, adding, "Do not worry, they are all perfectly normal peaches, lack of pit aside."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:12 pm

    Sun bows slightly to Harumi. "Thank you for everything you have done, the wood, the hospitality, and the great fight. If you ever want to train, or want any of yours trained, or just want to spar again, you can find me at Sanji Boroboro's gym. Take care, and hopefully we'll meet again in better times."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:03 pm

    Harumi says, "I thank you for the offer, but I am unable to physically leave the farm. The spirit can do what the body cannot though, so I may come to visit. I do not know my way around the city very much, so we will see how that goes."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:44 pm

    Torpor finally speaks up and hands a small object to her, "On this is my contact information and those to some one that can find me if you cannot get a hold of me at the information given, it is a fixer of mine. If you need for anything, and i mean anything. Contact me if you cannot get a hold of Wujen, I am Torpor. And if it is OK i would like to come back at some point and do what i can to help. " he bows deeply, "You are one of the most honorable people i have met, and i will do what i can to help. " he then turns away and awaits to head to the truck.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 pm

    Harumi takes the object and says, "Thank you, I will keep it in mind. We do not have a steady matrix connection out here for commlink calls, but I have memorized each of your signatures. Hopefully that will be enough to track you down should the need arise. Safe travels and take care of your wounds!"

    You are escorted to an old beat-up jeep where a driver is waiting. "Let's go fellas," the driver says, "We are burning daylight and I don't want to get caught out alone after dark."

    You load up into the jeep and head back to the station. The road (or at least what is left of one) is bumpy and a pain to navigate, but within about 5 minutes, a brief storm of cherry blossom petals overwhelms the jeep. "Hold on to your hats boys," the driver shouts, "Looks like Sakura's gonna give us a bit of a boost. We're about to get a lot faster!"

    The bumps smooth out and the roaring wind whips against your body as the jeep suddenly begins to move faster by orders of magnitude. What was a 2 or 3 hour slog on foot becomes a brief, 5 minute drive. Needless to say, no weasels or other critters attack you on the way and you soon find yourselves back at the station and then on the train just barely before it leaves.

    The train ride back to town is uneventful, though the body of the human who was killed this morning appears to still be on the abandoned platform, baking in the hot, summer sun, completely abandoned to the elements. You arrive back in town around 4ish with once again properly functioning matrix connections. Now is as good a time as any to contact the others to see how they did...


    ((Will assume you guys call the others and start some sort of group chat from which to update each other and come up with your next plan on what to do, everyone will be going back to the main thread now, give me a moment to set us up))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by chougou on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 pm

    ((This was AWESOME Very Happy I'm assuming that you guys told us the story eventually, that place is somewhere that Chougou would like to visit one day))

    Sponsored content

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 pm