Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Heading to the farm...

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:11 pm

    ((Anyone who has at least a low lifestyle is assumed to have a train pass, so no need to worry about the train's cost. Those of you with street or squatter lifestyles have to pay 50 nuyen for a round trip ticket))

    The Mingmei train service is the quickest and most reliable method of travel through the city. Desian trains in general are extremely punctual to the point that if a train were to leave its station a few seconds early or late, an extensive public apology would be made by the owning company: Desian Rail. The train itself is well maintained and clean, as well as packed with people. However, the farther down the mountain you go, the thinner the crowd gets until you finally are just about the only people on the train.

    You peek out the window at the cityscape as the train crawls down the mountain and see that you are passing over the Kita Barrens. Below you, the entire section consists of crumbling buildings and graffiti. There was once a station here, but it has been long abandoned and the train conductors are under strict orders not to make a stop at this station. A couple of orkish street gangers stand at the edge of the abandoned platform, pinning down a struggling human so his head is extended just past the edge of the platform. Though horrified, the conductor does his duty and does not stop the train. There is an audible THUNK and the top inch or so of the man's head is torn off on impact, while the rest of his head is bent at a horrific angle; the neck obviously broken as his body twitches its last remaining signals. The orks jump up and down, laughing as the train speeds on and you lose sight of them.

    It is late morning when you arrive at the final stop. By the time you step out, a crew of 3 men have already gathered at the front of the train to scrub off the blood and brain matter that has been splattered across the side of the train. There is an official name for something like this: "jinshin jiko" or "human body accident. Though it is usually used when someone commits suicide by jumping on the tracks; a much messier matter that can take as much as a whole 20 minutes worth of delay to remove all of the body parts. Such delays are unforgivable to Desu Rail, and the next of kin is swiftly found and levied a hefty 30,000 nuyen bill to cover the costs of cleanup.

    You tear your eyes away from the grim work and the stench of burning city waste from the nearby dump assaults your nostrils then leaves them for dead. From the station, you can see the structure that makes up the city dump. It is a well-defended building where waste is driven into and either incinerated or recycled. The security is extremely tight partially to keep out any gangs that might decide to spill out of the slums, but mostly to keep out any creatures that might wander out of the woods.

    Your commlinks display the map of the area. You have never seen so much nothing on a map before, and the directions given by the app are useless since there are no active roads to where you are going. It is just going to be a matter of slogging on foot, unless you have some better means of getting there...
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:27 pm

    Torpor checks the time of the last train of the day, just in case, as well as the regular times the train goes by before looking around to see if perhaps he could rent an off-road vehicle. "This should be fun, come on. "
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm

    According to the posted schedule, the last train appears to leave at 8:09. The area does not seem to have anything around except for the dump and the station so you suspect the only reason the train goes this far is to bring workers to and from the dump. There are some robust-looking trucks behind the dump's walls, but acquiring one would require resorting to illegal methods.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 680
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 am

    WuJen wakes shortly before sunrise, bathing as he can in a public restroom and mentally preparing himself for dealing with the Ancestor Spirits of the area.  Knowing the potential for danger in the wild parts of the world, a weak spirit just won't do if he runs into trouble later.

    He walks to the park to find a bit of open space.  Choosing a spot nearby an old veterans military memorial he carefully draws the appropriate circle and symbols to bridge the gap between the Astral Realms and the Physical World.  It's not really  necessary for a simple summoning like this, he has no intention nor the time and resources to bind it, but it seems polite to do so anyway.

    As the sun rises he focuses his will through the symbols with as much power as he can safely handle, sending a call into the Astral asking for the aid and guidance of an Ancestor, perhaps a Soldier or keen eyed Warrior from the past.

    (OOC: WuJen is calling a Spirit of Man at Force 6. Optional Powers are Innate Spell: Increased Reflexes, and Innate Spell: Drain Willpower)
    Summoning (Summoning+Magic):
    WuJen carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Resist Drain (Logic+Willpower):
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 am

    Torpor examines the area for a bit watching the activity at the dump as he checks the area on his map. He moves to the edge of the platform away from the station facing the way they need to go. Looking at the jungle here he waits for Wijen before doing anything.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

    Earlier...

    Wujen awakens a rather grumpy looking samurai spirit who REALLY isn't in the mood to be taking any orders this early in the morning. He yells at and berates Wujen for a few minutes before returning to where he came for some shut-eye. The lecture is long and pointless full of various things the spirit did to respect his elders 'when I was your age!'. Afterward, Wujen is both utterly exhausted by the experience and lacking a spirit to help on the trip. It seems he will be taking a nice long nap on the train to sleep off this experience...

    ((After your drain resistance, you still have 7 points of unresisted stun damage))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:31 pm

    Seeing how exhausted Wu is after his attempt Torpor reaches into his jacket pocket and draws out a patch, "I have a stim patch if you need it? It will help for a while, just make sure you sleep it off later. "
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 680
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:50 pm

    WuJen shakes his head "That's alright, its the price you pay sometimes, and it's best to just deal with it naturally unless there's a real pressing reason why not. I'll try him or someone like him later on if it looks like things are going to get exciting. It just means that in the mean time if I want to enjoy some extra speed I'll have to do it myself."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:47 pm

    "If you want we can hang out for a little bit to rest before we head out.  I wanted to leave this early so we had time to do this if needed.  I figure 3 to 4 hours there then back is 8 hours roughly.  It's 8 am now that leaves us 4 hours to find what we need.  If you need an hour we can swing it."
    "If not,  then i think we should head out now so we can get this over with."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 680
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:05 pm

    "It's Chill, I can walk. Once the other's get here lets move out. I assume it's not just you and me right? Personally I don't know a Peach Tree from a Daffodil."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:15 pm

    "I am pretty sure is just us. The rigger and the decker are going to the university. Don't know about Fisher or the other adept."
    "I will message them. "
    Torpor taps his commlink connecting a line to Kingfisher and Sun.
    "If you can read me, just checking if either of you two are coming to the bottom of the mountain to the farm with us? If you do not respond soon, we will head out. "
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:25 pm

    Sun catches up with the two of you, having gotten apparently onto a different car than yours when he got on the train. Though Wujen is slightly fatigued his morning attempt at spirit summoning, you are all otherwise ready to attempt a hike into the woods. You are fairly certain that matrix reception will be nonexistent before long which means you will probably be out of communication with civilization and the map on your comms will probably not be updating. It should just be a straight shot from where you are to where you are going though so you do not expect to get lost. With nothing else to do but to just get to it, you head out into the woods...

    ((Last chance to do anything before you start marching))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 pm

    As he steps out of sight of the station Torpor removes a silenced pistol from his jacket, ejects the clip that is in it and places a slightly smaller clip (with a blue band) inside it, then reholsters the pistol. He also flicks his hand and there appears a similar looking pistol in his hand. He again ejects the clip (with a red band) checks this one and reinserts it as he then slides the pistol back under his sleeve.
    "I am good, let us go? "
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 am

    "Ah, there you are, guys! Did you see those orks on the way? Why would anyone do that?!"


    ((Sorry guys, thought I was going to the temple. Slight misunderstanding from my side. I was reading both threads, though.))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 680
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 am

    "Alright Chummers, If I look like I'm about to walk into a wall or something, stop me. While we travel I'm going to keep an eye on Astral Space. We don't know what's out here, and I don't want whatever 'it' might be to surprise us. That leaves me with a less clear view of the physical world though, so don't let me eat dirt."

    Wujen looks to Tatsuo, "Little Dragon, watch my back. These two are more than adequate for the physical world."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by RafV on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 am

    "I've seen plenty of commlink zombies downtown, but an Astral zombie... Now that's new! We got your back, buddy."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 am

    "I will go first follow me. Sun follow him and keep an eye on him. I will take the easiest route and keep an eye on our surroundings." Torpor heads towards your destination.

    ((I keep an active look out for trouble and pitfalls. I will roll my preception))

    [roll="d6"]1p[/roll]
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:08 am

    Torpor carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 am

    ((Also, did my spentt edge refresh over night, last night? ))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 pm

    The astral plane stretches out before Wujen, overlaying over his normal sight. Though it is distracting and makes his vision slightly unclear ((-2 penalty to actions on the physical plane)), his fear of walking into a wall is an exaggerated one. He can see obstacles just fine.

    You head off through the wild lands. The area is forested, but not densely so. Trees in the area are far enough apart that you spend more time walking in the sun than in shade. This is unfortunate as it is a fairly hot summer's day and you have a long time between now and any kind of cool fan or other shelter from the sweltering heat. Pair that with the fact that it's not even noon yet so the worst is yet to come, and you really don't look forward to the hike. The ground itself is covered in high grasses, weeds and shrubs which slow you down a little bit and coat your pants, socks and shoes with stick-tights, beggar-ticks and assorted burrs

    The first hour or so of walking is fairly uneventful. The biggest danger you have suffered thus far is sunburn. It is then that Torpor notices movement along with a glint of sunlight reflected off of something. Three somethings to be exact. They aren't large, about the size of a rabbit or ferret, but they are extremely fast. So fast that you barely even see them as they dart from bush to bush. From the astral plane, Wujen can at least sense that they are alive, though he would have to try to assense them to get much more than that...

    ((a full night's sleep gets you 1 edge back. You also get more edge whenever I say hey, you get more edge back))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 680
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 pm

    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,
    e creatures with his astral sight (INT+Assensing)

    [Roll="d6"]8[/Roll]
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm

    The creature is moving far too fast for Wujen to pick up anything. He just sees blurs of random aura colors that are somewhat dizzying, but not anything useful. For a brief second, he senses that three sets of eyes have locked onto him and the blurs seem to be circling now. Looks like he got their attention...
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 680
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by WuJen on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 pm

    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    6,1,2,5,5,3,4,4]12[/roll]ery+Magic, casting Increased Reflexes on myself)[/color]

    [Roll="d6"]12[/roll]


    WuJen notes the things are fast, and is really very sorry that the Samurai Spirit wasn't in the mood to come along this morning.  Hoping he isn't eaten before he finishes, he mentally works through the formula for casting Increased Reflexes.


    Hoping I don't glitch the drain (Logic+Willpower)

    [Roll="d6"]11[/roll]
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:37 pm

    Torpor keeps moving forward, although at a slightly slower pace. As he moves he flicks his wrist and his pistol appears in his hand. He watches the moving critters waiting for them to come closer before reacting.

    ((If they get within their strikeing distance i fire off a round in the air to try and scare them off. I roll perception to keep an eye on them))

    Torpor carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Torpor on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:56 pm

    ((Is it possible to buy hits for any roll desired,  or is it situational?  For instance instead of rolling perception,  could i just buy 3 hits for perception (i know anything opposed could fail but just curious) and the same for combat? ))

    Sponsored content

    Re: Heading to the farm...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 pm