Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:46 am

Sam starts hacking the security camera on the fly
    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    Limit 8

Sent from Topic'it App
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:57 am

Sam notices his abysmal dice roll, and spends a point of edge to negate the glitch. Or, whatever that would look like in game terms instead of metagame terms.

Sent from Topic'it App
    chougou

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by chougou on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 am

Chougou uses AR and walks slightly away from the scene in case he has to leave in a hurry. Rearranging his deck into A1 S4 D3 F3 he goes for initiative (10 + 1d6)

chougou carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :

Computer + logic is 9 so limited to 4 so 4d6 right?

chougou carried out 4 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , ,
    chougou

Runner Dossier

Post by chougou on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:15 am

Chougou would also like to check on the status of his car and bring it closer if possible
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:34 am

At the Koban

Sam eyes the camera and tries to probe it for weaknesses. He manages to find one and leaves his personal mark on it: a gray sphere with a large glowing X emblazoned across it's surface:
    The camera snaps in his direction and for a moment he is sure that he is spotted, but it seems to have just been a glitch in the system as no alarms sound... yet...

((you have 1 mark on the camera's icon. that is enough marks to enter the host, which is a complex action that requires no roll. With 1 mark, you can also edit about 3 seconds of camera footage if you want (a computer+logic check limited by data processing). So long as you keep a mark on this camera and remain in the host, you can continue editing to keep yourself out of the footage by spending a complex action per combat turn. If you have succeeded once, you don't need to keep making checks. Choose what you want to do on your second pass then new initiative))

In the Park
    Chougou see's the drone's icon, which looks like a spinning film reel. He quickly throws a couple of monkey wrenches at the icon, two of which stick, giving him access to the icon.

((the limit is to your hits, not your dice. So you still roll 9d6. I am privately rolling the other 5 dice))

With his connection made, he takes a look at the truck to see it's ETA. His system says 10 minutes. He could take control to speed it up, but that would mean ignoring the system he is currently hacking into.

((roll me a new initiative and give me your next action))
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:43 am

First, Sam reconfigures his deck: S8 F6 D5 A5
    Then, he starts editing the camera footage
    limit 5

New initiative roll
    Sam Dekker carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,
    +9

On the new initiative pass, Sam enters the host
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:44 am

Sam sighs and spends another point of edge
    KingFisher

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9

Post by KingFisher on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:53 am

KingFisher hears the two boys having a very technical discussion with each other and winks at the spirit.
    "Why that's an interesting suggestion but I'm not going to peel out of this while there's a whole bunch of cops just around the corner."

She can hear her instructors voice in her head.
    "Don't forget spirits aren't like us, don't be afraid to just give them an order and if they mess you around, bind them and don't call them for a while."

Well I tried being nice she says to herself.

"By Rite and Tradition you owe me 2 boons. I invoke a boon for this command.
    Go to the crime scene, observe without being seen, tell me what evidence they collect."

Still keeping a smile on her face she tries to talk very quietly but sternly into the commslink.
    "When you two are done measuring each others cable lengths we have a job to do.
    Decker, Kami help you if you're trying to break into a cop shop without backup.
    I don't care how much of a hot shot you are, a lone runner is a dead runner.
    Chougou is trying to hack the police drones here to read their feed.
    Now where there's a drone there might be a computer somewhere they're sending their feed back to.
    So instead of risking 20 years in a frag hole prison, and playing at being a hard ass.
    Get your fat butt down to the park, before I send a spirit to drag you down here.

When we decide to hit the cop shop we're going in through the front door in disguise, walking into their comms room and back out again. With all the data we could want.
    If you blow our cover by getting caught messing about up there I am going to turn you inside out and let this water spirit exhaust itself humping your twitching near corpse.

Decker you have 6 minutes to get your ass to the park before I bring you here, even if you're fragging naked or playing with your mates. Chougou needs the backup. So get your fragging butt down here."

Looking at Chougou.
    "Not sure if you can hear me chummer but I got your back. The spirit is going to check the scene, if you need to get closer and I can keep us out of sight."

Last edited by KingFisher on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    KingFisher

Runner Dossier

Post by KingFisher on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:12 am

KingFisher wasn't impressed by the water spirit and decides to try another summon for something useful.

"By the smell of sweat, cheap perfume and diesel fumes, by the sight of bright flashing neon, by the taste of metal in the air, by the sound of tramping feet and rumbling engines. I call a spirit of Man to hear my words and come to me."

King Fisher thought to herself "Water is one of the Old school of spirits and they like a traditional summon. Spirits of Man should be a little less rigid in their thinking. Besides if you do the full summon every time you're going to give those spirits the impression they're the ones calling the shots and then where would you be."

She drew a vaguely humanoid shape in the air with her fingers while chanting softly. Since the first spirit was so completely useless she poured her Will into the Rite, hoping this spirit would be a lot better.
    *Summon Force 5 Spirit of Man*
    She hopes the spirit will appear in a less physical form so they can use it while not drawing attention to themselves.

Roll to Summon a Spirit of Man.

Roll for the drain.

Using a second summon so quickly after the first must have strained her concentration.
    She could feel a dull throbbing pain in her head, she felt a little tired as though the spirit drained her of some of her Will to appear in this world.
    A soft hiss of pain escaped her lips and she shook her head to clear it but things were slightly fuzzy.

"Fragging spirits, they'll be the death of me yet."
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:55 am

At the Koban

Slipping in through the window of the saloon, Sam finds himself in the main lobby of the host. Though he does not currently have privileges here, this is where the public would go to get public records, lodge complaints, file reports, etc. Incidentally it is also where the public feed to the koban's cameras are. If he got one more mark on the cameras, Sam could easily shut them down entirely if he wants, alleviating the need to constantly edit himself out of the feed at the cost of possibly catching the attention of anyone who checks the feed. But then no one is around, right? Who's going to check? Or he could try marking the lobby's entrance and see what sort of systems are currently connected to it.

At the Park

The creature sighs and says, "Fine... if you want to be bo-ring." It then disappears to the astral plane, presumably to observe the crime scene from there.

Kingfisher then summons another spirit, this one taking the form of what can best be described as a female umbrella. She appears before the priestess and says, "Don't bother flirting with me. Elves aren't my thing. You wouldn't believe the lengths that perv will go if you show him a little panty though. Anyway, what do you want?"

((No drain, 3 services))

chougou

Runner Dossier

Post by chougou on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:25 am

Chougou to Kingfisher: keep it frosty with Sam, he's got his thing going and he can comply without threats. Remember that he comes through when we need him most. Did he beat you at Call of Poke Fortnite Duty again or something?

Chougou to Sam: I'm in the drone, trying to get a data dump now. How's things over there?

Initiative:

+10

I would like to see if I can peak through the drones lens and try to siphon its footage starting in reverse from this point backwards.
    KingFisher

Runner Dossier

Post by KingFisher on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:55 am

KingFisher spin round to look at Chougou.
    "What really annoys me is that there are days I can't get him to log out of that game he's addicted to for five minutes to pick a lock. Today is one of the days he's decided to go on a little field trip. To a police station. Without warning. Without backup.
    Lone runners are dead runners. "
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:15 am

Sam attempts to place another mark on the camera by hacking on the fly
    Sam Dekker carried out 17 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    ((Should be logic+hacking, right? I specialized in hacking under computers, so I added two more to my dice pool as opposed to my last hacking on the fly attempt))

Sent from Topic'it App
    chougou

Runner Dossier

Post by chougou on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:16 am

Chougou to Kingfisher: Copy that, but you'll get more Dekker with honey than insults...anyway, I'm in one of the drones now preparing to stream footage.

Our car is ETA 10 minutes in case we need to make a quick escape, I'm AR'd in and walking your direction in case we need to run and I need...assistance.

Sent from Topic'it App
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:44 am

At the Koban

((yes, hacking for this. brute force would be cybercombat.))

Sam marks the camera up like a boss. It has so many marks it doesn't even know what to do with all the marks and in doing so he finds out that the camera has a rating a Host rating of 4 with Data processing 6 and Firewall 7. It is currently slaved to the lobby, though he knew that already.
    ((getting a lot of hits on your hacking on the fly check gets you extra info about the icon you are hacking. it now has 3 marks, which is the most it can have. Turning off the camera is a simple action.))

Meanwhile he hears a massive scolding over the commlink coming from the team's priestess, Kingfisher.

At the Park

Chougou takes a look at the data on the drone and sees the footage in the drone includes both stills and video of the scene which will require some close study to notice anything useful as the CSI hasn't had time to label any of it to mark the shots' importance. Chougou can analyze it now or try to download it quickly before he gets noticed.

((perception check if you want to try and see what you can find. Otherwise keep giving me computer+logic rolls limited by data processing to download the data until you get 10 hits. Each check is a simple action, so you could take 4 of them during this combat turn))
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Sam, accustomed to ignoring the threats and insults of assholes, continues ignoring KingFisher's comments and focuses on the job at hand.
    He shuts down the camera ((simple action, right? So I get another complex on this pass?)) and attempts to mark the lobby's entrance ((It's a public entrance, so I could just throw a normal mark up on there, right? But I'm trying to do illegal mark things, so I roll another hacking check?))
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:39 pm

At the Koban

The attempt is a solid one, but the lobby's defenses put up a fairly solid attempt. Not solid enough though and Sam manages to get two marks on the host after he shuts down the cameras. His scan reveals that the lobby is connected to 2 devices and 1 host node other than the cameras. One of the devices looks like an alcohol cabinet, obviously a data node. The other seems to be the front door to this lobby. The host is a door leading further into the saloon.

((The camera is G6, the lobby is F6. You do not know what the other things connected to this host are until you either make a matrix perception check, or mark them up sufficiently to reveal their secrets))

chougou

Runner Dossier

Post by chougou on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:08 pm

I'd like to rearrange my deck to A1 S3 D4 F3 and then my computer+logic is 9 so I'll roll the 4 times, but I expect the last one will be invalid because rearranging the deck takes a simple action?

chougou carried out 9 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , ,

, , , , , , , ,

, , , , , , , ,

, , , , , , , ,

Limit 4
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:45 pm

((I lost a little bit of track of my initiative. Here's a new initiative roll))
    , ,
    +10
    Sam checks his Overwatch Score
    Sam Dekker carried out 16 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    limit 8

He inspects the alcohol cabinet more closely
    Sam Dekker carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    limit 5
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:42 am

At the park
    ((You can switch 2 attributes as a free action. Can't rearrange everything at once while jacked in))

Chougou is patiently downloading the footage on his slow deck. He has the majority of the footage when suddenly he realizes he has been noticed in the system. A matrix alarm goes off, and he soon finds himself under attack by hostile IC! Meanwhile in the meatworld, Chougou notices the CSI looking up at her drones, apparently realizing something is wrong...

((roll new init. You can keep downloading to finish the files if you like, but you are about to get hit by IC.))

At the Koban
    Sam checks to see how much is noise has been detected, and sees that he has not gone unnoticed, but hasn't been identified yet. ((OW score is currently 9)) He then takes a closer look at the cabinet and realizes it contains public police records; the kind of stuff he could probably legally acquire by simply walking in and asking nicely. While it might make for an interesting read, it probably isn't worth the trouble of hacking into the system to go through.

Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 am

Sam marks the door leading further into the saloon
    lim8
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 am

init roll
    , ,
    +10
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:04 am

At the Koban

Sam attempts to gain further access into the back room, but somehow doesn't manage to get any marks to stick, despite what he would have thought was an excellent attempt. Must be bad luck.

He hears an alert and sees a cowboy who was previously patrolling the lobby is now turning its gaze toward Sam with a pair of six shooters ready to take him down. This host appears to be more secure than the previous one, so this is probably the right direction. Unfortunately, detection means he will have to step up his game a bit.

Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 am

((How do I deal with the cowboy icon? Also, do I know if it's a program or a person?
    Presumably, I need to attack it. So, that's what I'm going to roll. You added some flavor about it pointing guns at me. When I roll attack in the matrix, am I throwing marks at the thing, or should I be pulling out some digital guns or something?))

"Mothrfucker..." Sam mutters, clearly frustrated with the unexpected complexity of this host. He turns his attention from the door for the time being and focuses in on his new adversary.

Sam reconfigures his deck to A8 F6 D5 S4

He launches an attack on the cowboy in whatever way that looks like when you launch an attack in the matrix.
    chougou

Runner Dossier

Post by chougou on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Okay I would like to try to attack it while continuing to download, changing my deck to A3 S1 D4 F3 and I strike for great justice!!!

Initiative:

Attack:
    , , , , , , , ,
    Limit 3

Data:
    , , , , , , , ,
    Limit 4

Sponsored content