Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 pm

    ((alright one more someone and we'll see what happens))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:14 pm

    ((this is how deckers lose fingers))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:15 pm

    Sam grits his teeth and pushes downward as hard as he can ((spend edge to mitigate glitch))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:33 pm

    Through gritted teeth, Sato growls "Torpor, we need you...."

    ((forgot to soak drain as Attribute Boost runs out at the end of the round))



    ((no drain))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Torpor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 pm

    ((should i reroll those, duh -1 with damage still.

    Considering i need to rerol anyway? Could i expend my 1 edge to pre-edge instead of post-edge? This giving me 4 dice to roll with initially))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:11 pm

    (Yes, reroll it as the injury makes a significant difference in the result in this case. I'll delete the old rolls))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Torpor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:23 pm

    ((pre-edge 3-1 for damage plus 2 edge pool =4 dice, reroll any 6's right? ))

    Torpor carried out 4 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Torpor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:24 pm

    Torpor carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:15 pm

    While Sun does most of the heavy lifting, so to speak, Torpor, Sato and Sam do their best to help slam the lid shut as it is simply too much for a single non-power-lifting-troll to handle. They all strain against the stiff arms but suddenly there is a cracking sound and the lid slams shut. Sam gives a squeal of pain as he gets his fingers pinched in the lid! He pulls them free and luckily they do not appear to be broken, but the pain smarts like hell, making it hard to use his hands properly. He will certainly be feeling that for a day or two. ((-1 to checks that involve using your hands until it heals with a heal spell or a night of rest)) Luckily he remains present enough of mind to activate the maglock. The floating coffin shakes about and pounding can be heard within. It seems you managed to seal it just in time. Hopefully it holds...
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:24 pm

    Sato’s ballistic mask distorts it, but your hear a heavy sigh of relief before turning to everyone with a huge smile.

    “Excellent teamwork everyone. Let’s get this thing in the van and on our way to WuJen’s contact so we can get paid.”

    “WuJen, may I have the comcode to your contact?  This experience was harrowing and I want to make sure he or she knows what they are getting into.  I’d also like to see if we can improve our position a bit.”

    The mask hides his expression, but his body tenses up as he thinks of something and turns to face the cameraman and Michiko.

    “Sam, we’re going to need to talk to Michiiko about editing that footage...off camera.”
    ((Sato’s Consummate Professional quality causes him to actively avoid the limelight))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:34 pm

    Sam is sucking his fingers.
    "I'm thoor the can blur our fathes. But you were already wearing the mathk, anyway."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:43 pm

    As if on cue, Michiko runs over with cameraman in tow. "Get a good shot of the coffin!" she shouts to him as she points to the metal box, now covered with glowing runes. She then approaches the group and says, "You got it! You actually got it! That's amazing! Do you all mind doing a quick interview, on the record? With this footage I am sure my editor will pay you handsomely for your exclusive."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by WuJen on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:47 pm

    WuJen gently floats the coffin back into the van, thanks Rock for his assistance, and carefully let's Sun down from the spell before letting out a long sigh of relief and follapsing with shakes next to the van. From the Astral perspective the Jianshi is terrifying.

    "Of course you can talk to it if you like" he tells Sato, while passing the contact information to him in AR. "It will probably try to convince you it's a flesh and blood person for some reason, and God knows what ridiculous thing it will ask for, but it seems fascinated by people and seems harmless enough--- live deliveries of supernatural horror not withstanding."

    "No telling what the cameras caught. I had the elemental hide us, but didn't include the camera crew or the Jianshi itself in the instructions. Might be some interesting footage."

    Looking over at Sam, with his distress obvious from astral space, "Sam, come here and let's see those fingers". WuJen casts Heal on Sam to fix his bruised fingers.
    (Ooc: I'm on my phone right now, can I get the game master to roll the heal spell?)

    " Let's get this thing wherever we need to get it to. It's...decidedly not happy to be in there, and I'd like to end this and get paid. I'm hungry, I need a shower, and at this point I'd nail my father into that box with it to get a good night's sleep in a real bed."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Torpor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:49 pm

    Torpor looks to Michiko, "As long as you distort our faces and voices, i am OK with giving a statement. "
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm

    Sato turns to fully face Michiko, his face hidden by his ballistic mask.

    “Madame, we are happy to provide you exclusive details of the harrowing story ofhow we tracked and caught this horrific menace to society, provided we have editorial control over the content, - we especially would like the video and audio blurred and distorted.  We are simple people, who think only of the welfare of the common people.” ((this is a veiled Yakuza reference))

    “Do you agree?  I think it would make for a better story anyways - more mystery means your producer will want you to do follow-up stories, so more air time for you...”

    He pauses meaningfully.

    “Just like dating, it’s alway more fun to have a little mystery, right?”

    You can’t see the wink, but you know it is there

    ((Negotiation roll))


    Last edited by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:13 pm

    Running up to Sato, Sam, Torpor, WuJen and the journalist, Sun blurts: "Do you guys think we broke that thing's arms while slamming the door shut? Cause I think we did! There's gonna be some flopping while it's hopping!" He then remembers the peachwood stake he still has, pulls it out from his belt and starts to play with it. "You ever seen peach wood, miss?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:12 pm

    Michiko says, "Can I convince at least one of you to do an interview on camera? Stories are always more compelling when the sources aren't anonymous. If you want your privacy, you want your privacy, and I will certainly respect it. But I won't be able to convince my editor to offer as much money for that. Big stories like this one beg for big heroes, and you have all certainly proven yourselves to be such tonight. With so many of you here, surely at least one of you would be willing to give just a teensy clip on the record? Money aside, I will consider it a great personal favor which I will be sure to repay to you some day. What do you say? Onegai!"

    She claps her hands together and bows deeply, giving a good long and sincere look to each member of the group in turn.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 pm

    "I don't mind," Sam says. "If no one else will."
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:46 pm

    "As long as you edit me out, please feel free."

    He turns and walks towards the van, the open rear door framing the coffin.  As he walks away, he turns his head and says over his shoulder.

    "Please make it quick though - I'm not sure I want to test how long those seals hold."

    As if on cue, the coffin jumps a bit.


    Last edited by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by WuJen on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:06 pm

    It's fine. I've got nothing to hide. Might even do my father some good to see how wrong he and his friends are about me. They say the best revenge is living well."

    (Ooc: I've even got a SIN,.and the shadiest thing I've done is sit under a peach tree. I doubt there is much a public reveal can do to hurt me).
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:09 pm

    "By all means, go for it, just please leave all mention of me out of it."

    "Sam, before you start, can you patch me in to the camera feed inside the coffin?  I'd like to share it with..." he glances at Michiko, "...a friend of mine."

    Sato walks around to the far side of the van away from sight of the news crew and starts dialing the commcode for this client.

    I wonder what WuJen meant by "it?" I guess I'm about to find out.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 pm

    Sam takes Sato's commlink and walks him through the process of clicking on the coffin's icon and selecting the camera. He goes through the steps slowly, so that Sato can do it on his own next time. ((Like teaching your parent to do something with their phone))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm

    Sam Dekker wrote:Sam takes Sato's commlink and walks him through the process of clicking on the coffin's icon and selecting the camera. He goes through the steps slowly, so that Sato can do it on his own next time. ((Like teaching your parent to do something with their phone))

    Safely behind the van, Sato flips his mask up, makes eye contact and claps Sam on the shoulder.

    "Thanks Sam...glad your fingers are feeling better...never a good idea to stick them in dangerous places, neh?"

    He gives him a feral grin.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:30 pm

    Chougou comes out of his stupor that he had of seeing the thing absorb his bullets and quietly guides his drones away. He will go and speak with the reporter as well.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:32 pm

    ((Good work everyone on getting the thing! Very Happy))

    Chougou mentions on the commlink that they should get it to whoever is going to babysit it and hopefully someone that can apply more seals on it. Where will he be driving it to?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:37 pm