Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Share
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:58 pm

    Sam doesn't know if Sato is talking to him, or if maybe Sato has some imaginary friend that he is hallucinating whose name is also Sam. Sam definitely doesn't remember a Sensei ((Professor Morikami?))telling him anything about rice. And, even if he did remember hearing anything about rice, he doesn't remember eating any rice in the past few days to have leftovers. And if he had, he probably wouldn't be storing them on his Dodge Scoot.
    "Are you talking to me?" he says.

    Sam locates the coffin's icon and connects to it, so he can be prepared do use all the essential special features. He opens the camera and hits record. I guess we'll get another angle of this already incredibly documented scene. He connects to the maglock, ready to lock it as soon as the jiangshi is shut inside. This seems, at least, like a moderately useful feature.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Torpor on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:07 pm

    Torpor stands at the ready, waiting to spring if needed. His guns weaving watching the scene before him play out.

    ((holding action in case it gets to close to our guys or trys to escape, of either happens i do a s/a burst on it with my silenced colt))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:45 pm

    ((I do have Gunnery, I just was looking for the wrong thing apparently, my bad. My Gunnery is 5 and my agility is 3 so I will roll those 8 for when I get my next clear shot after the first one and then will stand down for everyone else to finish the round.))

    Gunnery towards the beast
    chougou carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:14 pm

    ((Should Sun and I be applying the "friends in melee" +1 modifier to our rolls? It won't affect this round for me, but he hasn't rolled yet so thought I would ask))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:19 pm

    ((I tack on that and other modifiers when they apply. While it is likely that it will apply this phase, one can never know for sure until you see all the players' actions.))
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:26 am

    While Sato swings up to attach the ofuda, Sun swings low with his, in the opposite direction, trying to stick the ofuda to the Jiangshi's legs.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am

    Round 1, Pass 2

    Torpor continues to wait, gun in hand, ready to shoot if necessary.

    The jiangshi, now confronted by two fighters, thrusts its palms out toward Sun. He feels a burst of energy that knocks the wind out of him! ((7 stun!))

    Sun goes in low and actually manages to touch the ofuda to the jiangshi's leg. It glows for a moment, then bursts into flame, consumed almost instantly. Apparently something went wrong...

    Sam activates the coffin's cameras. Since you own it and Sam presumably has the permissions needed to use it, accessing it's basic functionality is trivial.

    Wujen urges on Rock enthusiastically but also silently, because he doesn't want to be noticed. ((I somehow missed the sticky part before so will just have Rock do two attempts now as he rolled init equal to Wujen. You guys are currently concealed, sorry for not mentioning that)) The ground beneath the jiangshi opens up and attempts to ensnare the creature's legs as it hops around the alley. Though it very nearly seems to work, the creature just barely manages to avoid two different attempts at grabbing it. At the rate he is going though, it is just a matter of time before Rock succeeds.

    Chougou's drone rolls up and fires a round into the creature as it hops around. It strikes square in the chest, but does not appear to have any appreciable effect.

    Sato slips on fate's perfectly placed piece of trash and literally face-plants into the jiangshi, getting through its defenses on nothing but pure stupid luck alone. For a moment, he is almost certain that he is going to be on the receiving end of a whole universe of hurt, but when he looks up, he realizes his hand has miraculously landed on the creature's face. The ofuda glows brightly and fastens itself with unnatural power. The jiangshi is immediately frozen in place, though the ofuda is smoking, threatening to burst into flames at any moment. If anyone is going to do something, now is the time!

    Initiative
    Torpor - 11
    Jiangshi - 11
    Sun - 4
    Sam - 4
    Wujen - 3
    Chougou - 3
    Sato - 1
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 am

    Sun runs up to the Jiangshi, yelling: "GET IT!" going in to pick it up at the legs to carry it into the coffin.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Torpor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:29 am

    Torpor moves along beside the coffin in case needed waiting to react.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:39 am

    Staggering from his slip-up, Sato manages to twist around back of the Jianshi and grabs the creature around the chest under its arms, lifting it up in unison with Sun, careful to avoid any contact with its face.

    "Now or never!  WuJen, we're ready for the coffin!"

    As the monster is placed into the coffin, he will try to carefully swipe its hat without disturbing the ofuda - thinking it would be a nice memento to send to Prof Morikami as a thanks for his help.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 679
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by WuJen on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:58 am

    With a Mental Command WuJen sends the coffin swooping toward the Jianshi, placing it so that the others can easily load the creature into it.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:21 am

    The coffin arrives at the alley just as the ofuda on the jiangshi is sizzling and charring. Sun grabs it by the legs and gets ready to lift, waiting for someone else to grab the top half. The corner of the ofuda is slowly burning away...
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:23 am

    ((GM, see my post above))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 am

    Sam is waiting at the ready. As soon as the others get the jiangshi inside and shut the door, he locks it.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:29 am

    ((tankye, missed that))

    Sun and Sato place the creature into the coffin, it's arms still frozen outstretched as you try to push the lid down. It is actually surprisingly difficult to do, like trying to slam shut the lid on a statue rather than an (un)living creature of flesh. ((As many of you that want to help pushing the lid down, give me strength checks. There is room for up to 4 of you to crowd around it, so I'll take the first 4 rolls ))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:32 am

    ((Is Sam close enough to help with this strength check?))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:33 am

    ((Did I judge that I could swipe the hat?))
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:35 am

    ((Obviously, Sun helps))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:53 am

    ((lol yes. you got the hat))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:54 am

    ((and anyone who has an initiative is close enough to help with the strength check))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

    Sam rushes over to help, putting the full force of his considerable frame in to trying to shut the lid. While his strength isn't the best, he's hoping gravity plus his Doritos physique will help
    Sam Dekker carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    ,
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

    ((lol! Sam accidentally lifts instead of pushes))
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:06 pm

    ((Thanks for the help! Laughing ))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by winkingchef on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:08 pm

    ((that's the most decker thing possible, Sam, I love it - we're all dweebs except for Sun))

    Sato grabs the hat and leans down on the coffin lid.



    ((If Sun has any edge left, now is probably the time))
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 pm

    RafV carried out 7 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , ,

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:15 pm