Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Share
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 am

    Chougou asks Kingfisher to wear one of his spy eyes on her shoulder so that he can watch things from her angle as well and record them for playback

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:04 pm

    "Thank you Sister Sama, we will accept the mission.
    Do you want us to let you leave first and wait few minutes before we depart or would you rather we left first and left you here?"

    KingFisher nods to the rigger.
    "Let's walk out of here just as we are and we can collect any extra equipment we might need before we head out to the scene. "

    KingFisher bowed respectfully to Rosa and prepares to head back to get supplies.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:10 pm

    Taking a sip of orange juice, Rosa then grabs an oversized digital console and begins scrolling through for her next song. As she does, she says, "Thanks. I have another hour paid up here, so don't let me hold you up any. Both the park and the closest koban are just short walking distance up the street. Get investigating and let me know when you find the creep."

    The karaoke screen reads "夏祭り(Summer Festival) by Blackberry" and goes into a Desian song with what looks to be 13 year old girls wearing yukatas and playing electric guitars. Rosa enthusiastically belts out the song whose lyrics seem to be focused on the traditional fireworks of Desian summer festivals.

    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:01 pm

    Chougou follows after bowing as much as his torso will allow

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:34 pm

    You leave the Shadix and step out into the evening air. The park is about a 5 minute walk from where you currently are. You realize there isn't all that much that you need to go home for, certainly not that would be worth going 20-30 minutes back home and then 20-30 minutes back.

    ((gonna assume that you usually carry around your commlinks and IDs/licenses etc. Chougou probably has a couple of tiny drones on him at all times along with his RCC. The rest of his drones can be summoned remotely through the matrix, loaded into the van automatically and self driven to the park. Up to you if you want to have guns on you or not, but assuming he is wearing his urban explorer jumpsuit, since it is the only clothing listed.

    As for Kingfisher, based on previous posts, I assume she is wearing the auctioneer business clothes. The only thing that she probably wouldn't have on her is the jumpsuit and her lodge supplies. She doesn't have a whole lot of gear and what she has can probably fit in her purse. The business suit is armored, so up to you if you want to take the time to change for a couple more points of armor. I don't expect you to get into a firefight with police, but I can't predict the future Razz ))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:31 pm

    I had thought there would be general clothing that we wear around, if not I'd like to purchase some at the next opportunity. X)

    Chougou summons his car and activated his drones while they walk going through diagnostic checks.

    He asks Kingfisher what she thinks about their odds in this situation...

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:31 pm

    ((the urban explorer jumpsuit is basically colorful coveralls with a music player and biomonitor for joggers, bikers and other people running around outside. They look kind of like a fancy tracksuit, or one of those flame-retardant racing uniforms that NASCAR drivers wear. Up to you how you feel wearing it in various social situations.

    General clothing is listed in the core book in the same area as armor, though it's pricing is basically whatever you want to pay for it. The listed cost is 20-100,000 nuyen

    Also as a general practice, I like to keep OOC chatter in a different color with double brackets around it to avoid confusion with what is in character and what isn't. ))


    After a quick set of commands through the matrix, Chougou's van starts up, loads whatever drones he thinks he will be needing and makes it's way to his location. The display shows a map of the van's current location with an ETA of 20 minutes. Chougou is sure he can get the van to the park faster if he takes over and rigs directly into it since it doesn't have the greatest nav system in the world. Maybe 15 minutes by using shortcuts, or even faster if he doesn't care about silly things like traffic laws or speed limits.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 pm

    (( are we currently walking to the site? If it's only 5 minutes away then I'm thinking that if we can get there first and find a quiet spot that Chougou can sit in, then he can jack-in and focus on getting the van there and start sending the drone scouts out to do initial recon ))

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:50 am

    ((Unless chougou is super lazy and wants to call a cab/summon a spirit/ride piggy back on kingfisher for a 5 minute walk, I assume you are walking. Once we know if Kingfisher is doing any detours or not, we can pop you over there.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:55 am

    ((sounds good))

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:36 am

    KingFisher motions to chougou to pause for a few moments, walk into a side street away from prying eyes.
    "Install the spy camera on me before we go to the scene. I'm going to try summoning a spirit to have a look. I need a source of water, to get the right spirit. Know where I can find a good supply of this?"

    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:44 am

    The map that Rosa had given you showed a small pond. While one probably wouldn't want to be summoning spirits around police, the map was only a small portion of the park. There would surely be other ponds or fountains there that wouldn't be right next to the crime scene. A quick verification with your commlink shows this to be true.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:10 pm

    Chougou installs the spyeye ((I think that's the bug type one, if not then the bug type one so that it can move around on her shoulder)) and agrees that he thinks there was mention of a water source at the park.

    Comm me about where the spirit is at if you can and I'll record footage of that area from the physical plane as well. I'll also send some around the perimeter to record who may be meddling around the edges. I've heard that killers like to return to the scene of the crime sometimes.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 pm

    You arrive at the park to see flashing police lights and crime scene tape tied off between trees and a moderately large children’s jungle gym which marks of a fairly large bowl shaped grassy area. A koi pond is visible beyond the police tape and right near the water is a body, though you are way too far to make out anything useful. This must be the place.

    Five human officers are at the scene. Three appear to be beat cops securing the scene and asking questions to potential witnesses. A female in plain clothes with a Cowboy ID hanging from a chain around her neck is combing over the scene with the aid of three small, floating drones scanning the area with their cameras.

    On the jogging path outside of the police tape are a handful of onlookers, curious about the scene. At least one human reporter can be seen among the crowd with an ork camera man attempting to get a statement from the fifth officer, who appears to be leading the investigation and is stonewalling the reporter.

    The police are concentrated around the crime scene, leaving much of the rest of the park free for roaming around. According to your map, there is a large fountain a short ways to the west, out of sight of the police.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 pm

    Chougou would like to find a quiet place to control his drones from and begin recon towards the body and around the perimeter

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:00 pm

    You both step away from the main crime scene so Kingfisher can summon a spirit. As Kingfisher gets ready, Chougou places the large wasp drone discretely somewhere on her person.   ((Tell me the force/type of spirit then roll your conjuring check (conjuring + magic, which should be 12 dice), followed by a drain check (willpower+charisma, which should be 13 dice). If the force is 3 or higher, also choose any optional powers it has, 1 for every 3 force it has. Assuming you are summoning a spirit of water, its optional powers are: Accident, Binding, Elemental Attack, Energy Aura, Guard, or Weather Control))

    Since it is night time, the park is mostly deserted except for the occasional jogger or homeless person. Most of those people seem to be gathered around the crime scene, trying to get a peek at what may have happened. Chougou has no problem finding a place to settle down and check on his RCC. The van's current ETA is 15 minutes. The fly spy drone in Kingfisher's pocket is fully operational with no signal interference.

    ((The smallest "bug" drone is the kanmushi, which I don't see on your sheet. You do have a fly spy which is wasp shaped and can fly. The eye spy is shaped like an eyeball that can either roll or fly with small jet thrusters. Will assume you are talking about the fly spy.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:08 pm

    ((ok cool, I'd like to buy more bug drones when the chance comes up))

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:33 am

    KingFisher walks towards the large fountain, the soft trickling sound of the water calls to her.
    Closing her eyes for a few seconds, she recalls the sensations of summoning a spirit.
    Within her mind, the bell of the shrine tolls, filling her hearing with its serene but powerful sound.
    She can smell the incense sticks burning, the scented smoke drifting in the wind.
    She begins to perform the summoning ritual in her head, keeping the gestures as small as possible to avoid attracting attention.
    She pours her will into the ritual, trying to summon a modest spirit.

    KingFisher is summoning a Force 3 spirit, which she wants to give the power of Accident in case they need it to escape attention from the police.

    Summoning roll.
    Drain roll

    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:56 am

    ((awesome description))

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm

    There is a brief flash of magic within the fountain as a spirit is torn from the astral plane and into the physical one. A beaked, green, turtle-like, humanoid creature rises from the water's depths and blinks blearily at Kingfisher, apparently awakened from a nap. It seems annoyed at first, but once it clears its eyes a bit and gets a good look at the priestess who summoned it, it seems to straighten up a bit. Licking it's beak lasciviously, it mumbles to itself ((if either of you want to try and hear what it said, make a perception check)) before saying, "Hey there cutie. Need something?"


    ((no drain, you currently have 2 services))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:11 pm

    I check using my intuition
    chougou carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm

    Chougou strains his ears and catches a few words. ((will pm what you hear))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:11 pm

    Chougou picks up the faint mumbling of the spirit, but is only able to make out certain parts even with audio enhancement. He sends what he is able to pick up to Kingfisher through their Commlinks:

    It sounded like:
    "She must .... ... loveliest ............ . ...... .. ... .... ... .. ... under those clothes."
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:22 pm

    KingFisher looks at the creature with surprise she'd been expecting something less eye catching then this.
    Pretending not to have heard what the creature said she gives the creature a big warm smile.
    Her mind raced with what to do next.
    She should be somewhat respectful to a Kami she knew that, but you don't get many Kami wondering what you look like naked.
    She decided to try flirting with it so it didn't cost a service.
    She remembered one of her mentors a retired runner who ran a bar and flirted with any meta human with a pulse that came in sight. She made a fortune in tips every night.

    KingFisher flicked her hair over her left ear and gave it a teasing look.
    "Looks like my evenings getting better already. Hello gorgeous, I hope I'm not too... Over... Dressed."
    Confident that the suit conceals not only a large part of her figure but also her reagents.
    She risks leaning in towards the creature, knowing the armoured panels will make it almost impossible to see any actual skin.

    "I bet a smart, perceptive guy like you knows a lot of ways to impress a girl. Don't you?"



    Last edited by KingFisher on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Used wrong dice values for the skill. Updated and rerolled.)
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 351
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:13 pm

    Sam's voice clicks in through your commlinks ((or, I guess, if that's not how commlinks work, then Sam calls KingFisher's commlink and you answer and then he says "Okay, hold on" and he calls Chougou's commlink and he answers and Sam says "Okay, hold on" and then he merges the calls and says "Okay, is... is everyone in the call now? You guys both can hear me?" And he waits for you guys to respond. And then you're talking over each other. I feel like it's much cleaner if he can just commlink right into both your ears in the first place))

    "Hey guys," he says. "Sorry about that. I was afk. Just toasting some newbs in Fortnite 832 ((or, you know, whatever game the kids are playing these days)). What's up? You guys get us a job?"


    Last edited by evan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cyan was a bad choice for OOC color)

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 pm