Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Share
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 13:33

    "Good work, Jeeves. Back in the pocket," Sam says. Jeeves shrinks back and flies into the pocket Sam is holding open for him.
    Sam jacks out, safely.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:01

    At the Koban

    The digital world vanishes before Sam's eyes, revealing the steamy summer night in front of the Koban. It has only been about a minute or so that he has been in the matrix, and luckily no police have happened by in that time or he could be waking up with handcuffs on right now, since no one was currently watching his body. Kingfisher's message was clear: meet the others at the noodle shop to discuss your findings.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:12

    Sam gets on his bike and heads to Wei's noodle bar.
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 18:45

    KingFisher thought a string of swear words about the bloody water spirit.

    With an effort she alters the illusion so that the two people the police are shouting at leap into a cab and drive away heading away from the park. There's a glimpse of terrified faces before the vehicle speeds away around a corner and out of sight.

    Keeping the illusion up she tries to keep both of them invisible to avoid attracting attention of the police.

    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 23:57

    At the park

    The police are distracted for a moment by the illusion, but then seem to ignore it and head straight towards the pair, apparently not fooled by it. The officer that has been shouting once again shouts, "Hey! I said no magic around an active crime scene. If I have to tell you one more time, there is going to be trouble. Now get over here and answer a few questions before we have to start discussing your future behind bars. If I see even one more hint of finger wiggling, you will be coming downtown with us."

    The officers do not have any obvious firearms on them, but they do both draw tasers, wary of what a spellcaster could potentially do. While taser darts won't kill you, they certainly would ruin your day.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 1:11

    Comm Chougou to Kingfisher: "What's the move?? I'm sure that we can bluff our way out of this, but they did get some marks on me when I was in their drone."

    Chougou tries to encrypt the files that he took if that's possible...
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 1:20

    ((If Chougou is on a public network, can Sam lend help from where he is? Maybe help encrypt the file, or try to hide his icon?))
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 2:23

    KingFisher drops the illusion and turns to face the cops. Her body trembling from fear and rage.

    "That's close enough.
    I know you're doing your job and all but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
    I didn't see anything, hear anything, think anything, know anything or do anything.
    Look this has been a rotten day at the end of a rotten week. I was set up on a blind date with this guy by a mutual friend.
    I met him at the fountain in the park.
    There was something going on at the top of the park but I didn't give a trogs leap about it.
    I skipped out on my dorms housekeeping committee meeting for this blind date.
    I'm going to be spending the next week removing clumps of hair from showers and sinks.You have any idea how much of that gets washed into sinks and showers by a dorm full of long haired women?
    "
    Her voice becomes harsh, full of anger and fear.
    "
    I was hoping for a nice dinner out, a drink or two, a little dancing. If the evening went well and my date was very lucky I might have made it extra special for him.

    Instead of curling up safe with rehydrated kimchi and a Trid I recklessly decided to go out.

    So I get to the park, meet my date, head out of the park. Some 'Thing' appears, babbles at me and leaves. I see two armed people approaching and thought you might be trying to robb us. So I use a little charm to draw you off.

    So because I had the fragging bare faced cheek to try to have a fun night out this has all turned into a trogs arse hole.
    "

    Angry tears trickle down her face, her make up smears as she starts to sweat from excitement and the warm night air.
    "
    I don't give a frag what's going on up there.
    If you've some street rat caught spraying rude words on buildings. Or some rich kid who took daddy's sports car without permission and while showing off to impress some girl, crashes and totally trashes daddy's car. None of my fragging problem.

    I should have never left the fragging dorm. I should have stayed home, done my laundry, watched a Trid and gone to sleep.

    Thank. You. Very. Very. Fragging. Much. For adding the trogs turd icing to a fragging rotten day.
    I hope you're fragging happy. Both of you.

    Pulling tasers on a scared girl because she knows a little magic and doesn't want to be mugged, raped or murdered and not necessarily in that order. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    "

    With that KingFisher bursts into tears and tries to look like a pissed off, scared woman having a bad day.
    Turning away from the cops, she places her head against Chougou's shoulder and her body twitches as she sobs into his jacket.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 2:51

    Chougou plays along as best he can...but he is dazed at the idea of getting lucky even in pretend and just goes with that emotion and acts it out.

    "We don't need any trouble...I think that we all agree that this is a very sad time for this poor girl."

    He then gives the cops a look like "back me up here and help a brother out!!"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 8:08

    The cops glance at each other, unsure if this is genuine or if the young girl is throwing some kid of mind magery on them. Now within range that they can speak without shouting, the one who has been talking says in the lecturing tone of a father whose daughter has just been caught trying to sneak into the house way past her curfew, "Fine. I'll give you a break this time. But you should know better than to cast spells near an official investigation. At the very least, we have no idea how your spells could end up tampering with evidence or distracting us from finding vital clues that would otherwise allow us to solve this case. Worst case scenario, this could have been an attack on sanctioned officers. It was a very stupid move.

    "There is a murderer in the area that we are currently investigating, you know that? You are lucky that we are only investigating the scene and not currently in pursuit of an armed and dangerous suspect. If you had done this nonsense near an emergency response team, you could have a bullet in your head right now. If an officer is chasing an armed suspect, I tell you now they won't take the chance that any spells you are casting are harmless fun or a ball of flame before they decide to take you down. You should know the kind of power a trained mage can have. If you think you are having a bad day, imagine if it ended in the city morgue. Is that what you want?

    "I could arrest you right now for obstruction of a police investigation, but I am just letting you off with a warning. But I don't want to ever hear about you pulling this kind of nonsense again. You hear an officer asking to speak with you, you comply without a whiff of magic. I don't care if you have a sniffle and you are casting a hankie spell, you keep that magic to yourself, are we clear?"

    It is clear from his tone that there is only one correct answer to his question and it doesn't involve sass.
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 8:39

    KingFisher doesn't say anything just keeps her face buried in Chougou's shoulder and nods rapidly.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 9:27

    The officer nods and says, "Good. Now you go straight home and stay out of trouble tonight. It is dangerous to be out now."

    Chougou and Kingfisher are allowed to leave the park in peace and soon join up with Sam and the others at Wei's Noodle Shop without further incident.

    ((I am heading out the door now and don't have time to give a more detailed post atm. Everyone who has their character approved is at the noodle shop and you all know each other. Feel free to talk with each other and I will tell you all what info you got when I get back from vacation, or possibly sooner if I get the time.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 12:12

    Chougou orders the largest bowl of noodles he can afford and starts eating the ginger and condiments while he waits.

    "Damn cops always make me nervous once they start talking to me. I'm going to delve through the files real quick and see if I can find anything useful until the food gets here. Hi everyone."

    Chougou acknowledges each person around the table and then puts his eyes out of focus as he goes into VR to look through the footage that he took.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 678
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by WuJen on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 16:08

    WuJen is looking a little worse for wear, a day's stubble on his face and his clothes showing the wrinkles of having been slept in. To the casual observer he seems like a mundane dressed up as a Trid show's idea of a conjurer, with obviously false foci with dragon themes stiched into his leather overcoat. At his side Little Dragon looks immaculate in her pearl dress with the faintly glowing dragon tattoo barely shining through the matching print on the cloth.

    Seeing the other's come in, WuJen joins them at the table.

    "Hoy Chummers, good to see you and even better to see some work. Sorry I was a little distracted earlier and couldn't meet up till now, someone want to catch me up?"
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 16:13

    Dashou turns his head to look at the crowd that just arrived. "You guys look nice and fresh. Haven't been getting enough sleep lately?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 678
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by WuJen on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 17:02

    Grinning, WuJen replies "Its more a problem of quality than quantity. Father disapproves of, well, everything so I'm currently looking into alternate living arrangeents."

    He glances fondly in Little Dragon's direction, and continues "We will work it out, and this job is hopefully a good start with that."
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 17:25

    Sam nods greeting to the others, but avoids any direct with contact and returns his attention to his bowl of noodles
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:03

    Chougou goes over the footage. There are pictures and videos of the crime scene, though the CSI didn't have the time to make any notes or report with them so the images are a little without context. What he can obviously tell is that the latest victim was a human female, probably of Desian descent.

    ((perception and/or biotech check. If you have knowledge of forensics or something else useful with analyzing a crime scene, that works too. For now it is just chougou, but if he shows the video to the others, the others can try and analyze it as well. Also, if you have any specific questions about the footage, I will answer those without a check if it is something reasonable enough to know.))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:06

    Sam also goes through the files that Jeeves flagged for him.(( Presumably he can do that using AR while he's eating his noodles?))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 22:10

    Sam continues sipping his noodles as he goes over the files in AR. There are a couple dozen cases, most of which are women, though there are a couple of men. These all have reports attached to them, providing more information than the raw footage Chougou currently has. With the exception of the victim prior to tonight, all of the victims were SINless, and so not too many resources were devoted to uncovering their murders. The reports provide basic statistics such as height, weight, approximate age, etc. The ME's official cause of death listed for each victim is "unknown" though the final police report lists them as victims of gang violence.

    The one victim who has a SIN on record was a Desian woman named Haruka Tochigi. Unlike the other cases, her case is currently still open. She was found in an alley near the park where tonight's victim was found. There were no obvious signs of struggle, rape, or other trauma. Her body was physically healthy, with no signs of disease or organ failure. Though there was a magical investigator sent to the scene to investigate, it had been too long since the time of her death to find any traces of magic, though the unusual nature of the death suggests that it is likely involved, even though there were none of the usual signs that would be left behind by common offensive spells.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1360
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 22:27

    ((like Chougou, you can attempt perception, biotech, or some possibly relevant knowledge skill to get more information, or as specific questions about what you are looking at.))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 678
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by WuJen on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 22:39

    Assuming the pictures are shared with the group, WuJen looks over some of the pictures with curiosity.

    WuJen has a decent grasp of Magical Threats, while there's not much that could be seen from just photos he will examine what we have for anything along those lines.

    (ooc: I assume that would be Intuition+Magical Threats at 8 dice)
    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,

    "That crime scene may have a lot of eyes on it right now, but how about the bodies of the SINless in the Morgue?  If this is a magical problem then there won't be much we can tell from just photographs.  At this point its something of a long shot, but it's possible getting a close look at some of the bodies could show us something the Cowboys missed, especially if they weren't looking for astral evidence."

    "Kingfisher, did you get a chance to Assense the scene while you were there?  It might be worthwhile to project over there and see what we can find in the astral in the general area as well, if we can do so without alarming the authorities too much"
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 22:46

    ((oh shit. This is the first time I'm noticing that perception is an active skill that I need to train in. So, am I just unable to perceive the world around me at the moment? I guess I'll try a biotech check instead))
    Sam ponders what he's just read, trying to put the pieces together.
    Sam Dekker carried out 9 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , ,
    He forwards the files to the others so that they can peruse them at their leisure.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by RafV on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 1:37

    Dashou takes the files and takes a look over them, scanning over the bodies to see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

    (ooc: Can I do an anatomy check on the files?)
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 3:09

    Sam also runs a matrix search on Haruka Tochigi, hoping to get some more info on the victim.
    Arrange deck to D8 F6 S5 A4
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 12:54