Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Share
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:26 pm

    That's not good!!!

    Chougou to Kingfisher, I think I may have gone too far into the system and might need to get gone. What's your status?
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:57 pm

    KingFisher turned to Chougou.
    "I can make us vanish from sight if needed.
    Is someone looking for us? I can send the Spirit of Man to deal with them."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:57 pm

    At the Koban

    Sam throws gaming logos at the cowboy, looking to fill the icon with viral code. He barely strikes, visibly damaging the icon in a splash of data. A single mark remains attached to it.

    ((attacks are simple actions, so you can do a second one this pass. Do note that if your attack happens to fail, you may take matrix damage as the viral code is rejected.))

    At the Park
    Chougou does his best to ward off the attack while still downloading the file. His attack is deflected by the icon's firewall and reflected back at Chougou. ((1 matrix damage)) Meanwhile his download continues, somewhat slowed by the sudden combat.... 95%. He realizes that he has been marked. The icon attacks back and strikes chougou for a second mark and his deck begins to get warm ((1 more matrix damage)). A message appears in front of Chougou that reads, "This drone is police property. If I find you, you are going to jail. You have until I track you down to get the hell out of my drone unless you want to have a very bad day." An image that looks like the CSI accompanies the message.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:03 pm

    Sam, getting into the cowboy theme, pulls out six shooters of his own which fires his mark at the patrolman.
    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 pm

    At the Koban

    The second shot destroys the cowboy entirely. The icon explodes in a fizzle of 1's and 0's. The alarm remains blaring and though there are no more icons coming at Sam for now, it is only a matter of time before the system reboots...
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:43 pm

    "Screw it," says Sam. "In for a penny, in for a pound."
    He shrugs, and turns his attention back to hacking his way into the back room.
    Deck reconfigure: S8 F6 D5 A4
    Sam Dekker carried out 17 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:34 pm

    At the Koban

    The door is thoroughly marked up. It is clearly a more secure node, designed for police access only, while the lobby was meant for public access and would have been free to access had Sam been able to get through the front door. Once through the door, he sees the icons for an internal terminal, the server, two devices of some sort, and another data store. This data store appears to be a barred prison, with a bad hombre holding what looks to be an old time book. With nowhere else to go, it is a reasonable assumption that either this is where the data he wants is, or it's hidden somewhere.

    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 pm

    Sam sets about trying to unlock the prison door, working with a little more urgency than before.
    Sam Dekker carried out 17 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    New initiative
    Sam Dekker carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:39 am

    KingFisher sees Chougou twitch as he fights in the Matrix.
    With a feeling things are getting serious she faces the spirit.
    "Spirit I Invoke a boon for this command. Find the CSI tech at the crime scene, remain unseen and CONFUSE them so they stop being able to work for a few minutes."

    KingFisher hopes the spirit is strong enough to confuse the tech and not get caught.

    "Decker we have a problem here, we might have company shortly. Preparing to bug out. Get ready to run."

    KingFisher tries to spot and track the CSI tech.

    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 am

    At the Park

    The CSI is not difficult for Kingfisher to spot. She is in the middle of a fishbowl-like grassy empty space and making no attempt to hide herself, because why would she? Judging by the reactions of the other officers, or rather the utter lack there-of, she hasn't decided to alert them about the intruder in her systems yet.

    Meanwhile the spirit obeys Kingfisher's orders and attempts to confuse the young woman. She does not seem to react to the attempt.

    On the opposite side of the crime scene, the detective and the reporter seem to be getting into a shouting match, which attracts the attention of the other officers.


    In the Koban

    Sam opens up the prison with little issue and the prisoner holds the book open in front of him. It is an evidence log for various crimes about the local area that have yet to be filed into the main database. As he accesses the data, a sheriff and what looks like an indian shaman appear and commence attacking!

    The shaman does a dance while waving around incense, but it has no obvious effect. The sheriff then follows up with a pair of six shooters which only manage to plink off a nearby wall.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:02 am

    Chougou to Kingfisher, I'm spotted but about to finish here and then jack out and wander away, the car should be here shortly. I've got almost all the footage from one of the drones. I'll update shortly.

    Chougou then stands still appearing to be mesmerized by a bush so that he can focus on getting the rest of the files (edge).

    Initiative
    chougou carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :

    computer + logic + edge (2)

    chougou carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:02 am

    Reroll 6

    chougou carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:11 pm

    Sam pulls a little man out of his pocket and drops it. The man grows to normal human sized. He is dressed like a butler.
    Sam gestures at the file folder the prisoner is holding out.
    "Lol through that, Jeeves. See if you can find info on those recent murders we're looking in to"
    "Right away, sir," Jeeves says and he takes the folder from the guards have and sits down on the floor, cross legged, and begins flipping through it.


    Last edited by evan on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jeeves flavor)
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:27 pm

    Keeping her eyes on the CSI tech, she whispers to Chougou
    "I have her in my sights if you need her dropped.
    When you're done, stay close to me and I will walk us over to the van. I'm going to make us look like a romantic couple getting into a cab to go somewhere fun.
    We won't be worth a second glance."

    Remembering she hasn't heard from the Water spirit she decides to contact him mentally.
    " Hey handsome I'm going to be leaving in a few minutes.
    When the police pack up and leave the scene bring me your report at Wei's noodle bar. "

    Sending a short burst to Decker.
    "When you're done meet us at Wei's noodle bar. We can share info."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm

    At the Koban

    ((presumably you want him to look through it, not lol through it.))


    Jeeves gets to work searching for what he was asked for. Meanwhile the shaman and sheriff attack again. The shaman places a curse upon Sam, weaking his protection to attack. ((firewall goes down by 2)) The sheriff then attacks, this time managing to actually hit, thanks to the shaman's aid. Sam's icon glitches briefly as viral code attacks it and he can physically feel the pain. ((5 stun damage))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:29 pm

    Sam, done with this shit, pulls out a tommy gun and starts spraying marks at the sheriff while attempting to laugh maniacally. The laugh, unfortunately, just comes out more like a giggle.
    Rearrange deck: A8 F6 D5 S4
    Roll to attack sheriff
    Sam Dekker carried out 17 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    Sam Dekker carried out 17 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:30 pm

    Those last rolls were calculated wrong. Should have been 15 instead of 17. So take off the last two dice
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:33 pm

    Chougou would like to check the data to see if it is all there and then walk towards Kingfisher and have her guide him away while he helps the van get to the spot in AR.
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:48 pm

    KingFisher nods and casts a force 4 Trid Phantasm.
    She weaves an illusion that both of them are just a couple heading towards a cab to take them somewhere for an evening out.


    slips her arm through Chougou's she pretends to be his girlfriend, smiling and laughing together as they leave the park and enter the van.
    The spell will try to make the van look like a cab that's collecting them and certainly not a shadowrunners vehicle.

    "Decker, we're done here and off to the noodle bar. See you shortly."

    "OK Chougou let's drive slowly away, we're not very interesting and I need to give the spell a chance to keep up with us until we are out of sight."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:25 pm

    At the park

    ((sorry, I could have sworn I posted that the data was completed))


    Chougou manages to finish the download, just as he gets a second mark; enough to begin running a trace. Chougou jacks the hell out, hoping that the CSI didn't manage to get any further info before he did. Time passes as he holds his breath, hoping that the CSI doesn't start looking at him, then he and Kingfisher walk away to the "cab" very consciously not looking in the direction of the CSI as they walk. As they do, the reporter storms off, apparently done arguing with the officer. With the tension dispersed, the police all go back to doing their jobs.

    It seems that the pair are home free when suddenly the water spirit that Kingfisher summoned suddenly appears before them. "Hey, sexy!", he shouts in excitement, "Wanna hear what I found?" The sudden appearance of a spirit seems to catch the attention of the police. 2 of the beat cops start to walk over, with one shouting, "Hey! No magic around here! This is an active crime scene!"


    At the Koban

    The sheriff goes down in a spray of gunfire, but the shaman manages to get another spell off. It is apparently not having a good day though as it is completely unsuccessful. Jeeves meanwhile continues flipping through the prisoner's book, looking for info. He seems to be far more successful in his endeavor than the system's defenses are. He says, "I think I am getting close, sir. One more moment and I should have everything you need."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:28 pm

    Chougou acts surprised and scared of the water spirit as though he has no idea what it is or where it came from.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:51 pm

    "Okay, Adept," Sam says. "Should be finishing up here. See you soon."
    ((I think I'm out of my initiative, so rolling new initiative first))
    Sam Dekker carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,
    Sam turns all of his attention towards spraying the shaman with his tommy gun. He emits an unnerving gleeful squeal as he attempts a badass cackle.
    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by KingFisher on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 am

    KingFisher sends a stern mental message.
    "Do NOT speak to me here. I Invoke a boon for this command leave the scene immediately and bring me your report at Wei's noodle bar. "

    Sending a message to the Spirit of Man.
    "I Invoke a boon for this command bring the water spirit unseen to Wei's noodle bar."

    Whispering to Chougou.
    "Get us moving"

    Loudly, sounding distressed and scared by recent events.
    "What is going on? Get me away from this place! I just want a drink and a dance."


    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by chougou on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:24 am

    Chougou sends two of his drones out of their hiding places to try to distract the cops by flying around them at a high speed and then out of sight, then gives them coordinates of where to meet him further up the street after they are able to get into the van.

    "First a murder and now spirits?? What is this place coming to??" Chougou feigns a scared face as best he can.

    Chougou checks again to see how far away the van is and helps it along as much as he can.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:56 am

    In the Park

    The water spirit grumbles and mutters, "Boy you are bossy for a prude..." It then disappears just as suddenly as it appeared. In the astral plane, the spirit of man presumably follows it's orders, though no one is currently looking at the astral plane to make sure. Though the water spirit has gone, it has already attracted the attention of the two officers. One shouts, "Hey, you two. Come here we need to ask you a few questions."

    The cops cry out, "Shit!" and duck as the drones buzz past their heads, providing a brief opening for Kingfisher and Chougou to run if they really want to. They do notice that the squad cars are nearby and a suspiciously hasty retreat may make them look like they may have something to hide about the murder. While they could certainly make a run for it, they aren't getting paid enough to risk a potential high speed police chase through the city...

    At the Koban

    The shaman manages to get out one last spell before Sam unleashes his tommy gun, this one much more effective than those before. ((firewall goes down by 4)) The shaman is unable to make any more attacks though as it is soon dissolved into cyberspace. With nothing left to attack Sam, Jeeves is allowed to work in peace and soon comes back with several files that are quickly downloaded. "Here you are, sir," he says.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 1 - Jumping to Conclusions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:26 pm